466 N Cassady (Well Beings Building)
I specialize in counseling children (8-13), adolescents (14-18) and families. My areas of focus are as follows:
- Disruptive behavior in the home and/or school
- Anger issues, explosive episodes
- Behaviors associated with ADD/ADHD
- Issues related to emotional regulation
- Low self-esteem, confused/fragile identity
- Family communication challenges
- Difficult relationships between child/parent and/or siblings
- Special education advising (IEPs, 504s) as it applies to behavioral challenges
- Working with teachers, school counselors and administrators to develop effective plans for school success
- Mindfulness/meditation as it applies to behavior, anxiety and anger management
- Parent coaching
I do not charge for the initial phone consult (20-30 mins).
ALEX BEEKMAN, MEd, LPC is a graduate of Wittenberg University (BA Education) and the University of Dayton (MEd Clinical Counseling). He is in his 18th year as an educator focusing on mental health and behavior with students K-12 in the public schools. As a mental health clinician, Alex specializes in counseling children, adolescents and families who are struggling to maintain positive behaviors both at school and at home. Alex uses an integrated, holistic approach to address the overall wellness of families as well as targeting specific issues within the family system.